Saturday, May 1, 2010

F@#!*&!! cancer...

First, my mother. Then Grandmother. Now it stalks two more loved ones like a ravenous beast bent on our destruction. Our enemy gives no quarter, shows no mercy, only relentless, insatiable hunger. The battle is truly lost before it's begun, yet fight we must, and hope. Yet fervent prayers from faithless lips fall only on deaf ears. I desperately need some hope. Not the hope for some improbably miracle, nor the hopeful platitudes of the well intentioned, not even the hope of a reunion hereafter, just a plain, simple hope that we can get through this, again, somehow.

2 comments:

c said...

We can and will. I'm so sorry.

Suburban Monkey said...

Hang in there James. My thoughts and prayers go out to your family. Since I can remember, your family has been a meaningful part of my life. I love you guys. If there is anything I can do to help/support, please let me know. Ben